Sunday, January 29, 2012

Success to Significance

The past four years of my life had an emphasis on success. I had a fear that I may struggle to find a position in the marketing field due to the current economic state. I was determined to do everything in my power to be successful. Everything I did was focused on my performance in order to create the perfect resume. I felt this deep need to prove myself.

My church started a new series this month called Identity Theft and it has really been an eye opener for me. One thing that has touched me these past few weeks is that my identity is determined by God's love and not by my performance. I sometimes lose sight of the fact that God loves us before we have anything figured out and that His love never diminishes. My dreams seem so far away right now and I find comfort knowing that I don't have to figure everything out. I have faith that through Him I will find my way.

Moving forward I must learn that life is not based upon success alone, but rather the significance of relationships. I believe that one of the most important things in life is finding a way to incorporate success and significance daily.

"One day as Jesus was walking along the shore of the Sea of Galilee, he saw two brothers-Simon, also called Peter and Andrew-throwing a net into the water, for they fished for a living. Jesus called out to them, 'Come, follow me, and I will show you how to fish for people!' And they left their nets at once and followed him." ~Matthew 4:18-20

Let me simply say...shifting priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment