Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Year at a Glance to New Beginnings

This blog was originally started for a class project which I neglected immediately upon completion of the course. However, it's a new year and along with that brings new beginnings, so why not start blogging again? We'll see how long it lasts...

Before I make my new 2012 goals, I want to reflect upon my accomplishments in 2011.

First and foremost, I graduated from college. I somehow managed to finish my degree in four years despite transferring, major changes and countless hours in my advisor's office. Its crazy looking back because it seems like I just graduated from high school yesterday, at that time 2011 felt like light years away. Little did I know at the time that those four years would be the best and quickest years of my life. To say the least, graduation day was bitter sweet.

I am now an employed college graduate working in the real world. How did I become a grown up so fast? Somedays I wish I could step inside the Delorean and take a trip back to the days of playing in the sand box. However, I am truly blessed and thankful for all of the amazing things that happened in my life in 2011. Two months after graduation I found my dream job as an Account Manager at Ilfusion, a creative marketing firm. I am so blessed to have the opportunity to work with such an amazing team that brings joy to my life every day. People always say, "Find a job you're passionate about and you will never work a day in your life."

Culture intrigues me and I have always had the desire to travel more. In general, just to see unique places and experience new things. Growing up most of my family vacations consisted of trips to the beach, either Florida or cruises. Don't get me wrong, those trips were awesome, but there is so much more in this world to see besides the beach. So this year I took my first business trip to California and then took a trip to Chicago to see my best friend from college. Both places I have never been before and I had a blast. Chicago was a bit too cold for me, but I could definitely see myself living in California in the future.

As for 2012, I have no idea what this year will bring...I guess that's the beauty of life. It is such a relief to know that God has a plan for my life because I am completely clueless. Without further ado, here are my goals for 2012:

1. Learn how to cook amazing food - I believe a cooking class is next on my todo list.
2. Read more - Reading is a passion of mine but during school I just didn't have the time.
3. Get my own place - Still living with my parents to save money and pay off school loans but at some point you have to leave the nest and spread your wings.
4. Write more - Hence revisiting my neglected blog. I love writing and so glad I no longer have to spend my time writing research papers.
5. Volunteer - There is nothing more rewarding than giving back to the community. One of the many things I miss about college is my involvement in community service.

That's all I have got for now. Most importantly and above all else I hope to continue to strengthen my relationship with God, family and friends, love unconditionally and serve the world.

Let me simply say... I am excited about what is to come!

1 comment: