Saturday, January 7, 2012

I am a Dreamer.

One of my favorite pictures I took in the park
Growing up as a kid I spent a majority of my time outdoors. I loved to climb trees, make forts, spin around on a tire swing until I fell over and figure out just how many different ways I could climb up a slide. Although I am not as daring as I used to be, I still love to spend my time outdoors instead of playing video games or watching TV.


There are so many beautiful things in this world that we take for granted everyday and something about spending time outdoors helps me appreciate the things I often forget about in my day-to-day life. When I am outdoors I feel completely disconnected from the world, receive peace of mind and feel closer to God than I do in church.


I hope one day I have this little house that is surrounded by trees and near a lake. The house would have this huge wrap around porch with a swing and comfy seating. There would also be a reading room off the back of the house. The room would basically be nothing but windows and all of my books. This would be a place I could go to reflect, think, write and read.


I think my biggest fear in life is that I am not doing what I am called to do. Don't get me wrong I have huge career goals and I enjoy what I do. But I often ask myself how am I serving God each and every day throughout my life? Society requires a lot and sometimes I wonder am I doing what I have to do or what I am supposed to do?


When I was young I had all these plans for my life and I wanted to experience so many things. Now that I am grown up, I keep asking myself when will I do all of these things I have dreamt about for years, the things that God is calling me to do. Time goes by so fast and the answer I keep receiving is the time to start is now.

Let me simply say...I am a dreamer.

No comments:

Post a Comment