Sunday, January 22, 2012

My 7 Highly Effective Habits

1. I am insanely terrified of bees.
I have never been stung before, but the second a bee is within a yard I run and scream like a three year old little girl. Unfortunately, one of my favorite things to do in "bee season" is swim and layout by the pool - Most people need a lifeguard, but I require a "bee guard" (someone who is constantly on the lookout for approaching bees).


2. I take shots of queso.
I could probably say with great confidence that queso is my absolute favorite food - Italian of course would follow as a close second. In the rare occasion that I would actually pick a restaurant, that decision would be based solely upon the ranking I have placed upon their queso. My best friend and I eat out frequently and he always laughs and says, "Gez Lauren, skip the chips and just drink it already." I just might have to try that sometime.


3. I always Eat Pray Love.
This is odd but I must admit that my all time favorite move is Eat Pray Love...I'm sorta obsessed. My family has learned to never let me pick out a movie because I always want to watch Eat Pray Love. The movie is a combination of all my favorite things...food, culture, religion, friendship and love. Nothing beats cuddling up with my horned frog pillow pet, a glass of wine and some Eat Pray Love.


4. I am addicted to shopping.
Shopping is like a game to me. When I shop I am a woman on a mission and my wardrobe is like a collection. I love finding the perfect match to an item I bought a couple months back. One positive thing about my shopping addiction is that I am a huge sale shopper. I rarely ever buy anything that is not on sale...unless of course the item is literally one of a kind. I don't consider my week complete unless I buy a new pair of shoes.


5. I like to eat other peoples' dinner. 
My ideal dinner is an appetizer sampler and I honestly think the best strategy for eating out is to take a bite of everyones' food. The truth is maybe I just don't know how to order or I am completely indecisive, but seriously everyones' food always looks and tastes better than mine. However, it may be an Italian or Secchio trait because I am definitely not the only person in my family that does this.


6. I secretly want to be an Interior Designer.
As a teenager I would spend countless summer hours watching design shows and I would redesign my room each year. There is nothing better than recreating your space with a fresh and new look. I used to love helping people design their home when I worked at Pier 1 Imports. It was a great job, minus the fact that a majority of my paycheck never actually made it to the bank.


7. I want to be the next Bachelorette.
I have watched every season of the Bachelor/Bachelorette and I must say I have received some great dating advice (what not to do 101) from all the crazy people that embarrass themselves on National TV. I don't believe that people actually fall in love on the Bachelor, but it would be a pretty awesome social experiment to be a part of. And dating 25 guys at one time...what girl wouldn't want that?


Let me simply say...I'm a bit quirky.

No comments:

Post a Comment