Saturday, July 10, 2010

Sweet Summertime

Enough about the past and a little about what is going on my last summer of college.

I landed an internship at TCU ISP Sports Network. I am working with the general manager to help enhance customer relationships with our 60 plus Fort Worth clients that advertise at TCU athletic events. I have always hoped I would one day work for an advertising firm but this internship has given me insight on the selling and implementation of advertising. I have also had the opportunity to help plan and organize the annual Superfrog Reading Challenge.

When I am not in the office talking to clients, inserting data into SalesForce, prospecting or going through contracts I am in class. In order to graduate in four years, I am taking two summer courses. I have just completed my first course, Writing for Strategic Communications, where I wrote press releases, fact sheets, pitch letters, position papers, and feature stories.

My favorite assignment was a feature story I wrote about the Union Gospel Mission. After reading the book “Same Kind of Different as Me” I was inspired to visit the Union Gospel Mission off East Lancaster Avenue. My feature story assignment was the perfect chance for me to see the place where the New York Times Bestseller took place.

This week I started my second summer course, Interactive Communication Design. I am really excited to see how much I can learn about web design. This class is particularly important to me because my mom is in the process of opening up her own business and I would like to help setup and design her company website.

On the weekends I spend time with my friends and family. Each chance I get I head out to the lake to tube and ski. When I’m not out at the lake I love to pick up a good book and soak up the sun out by the pool.

Let me simply say... it has been a busy summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment