Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Power of Friendship


Both of us at our favorite
place, Bear Creek Park
I'm not sure where to even begin. This week has been one of the longest and hardest weeks I can recall. On Monday my best friend's mother tragically passed away and he also lost a part of his home. Growing up I would hear stories of horrible things, but it hits you like a ton of bricks when it happens to someone you know. It is times like this that you wish the world would stop, but the hardest part of all is that life doesn't slow down...not one bit. 

There aren't enough kind words to say about Kelli Hundt. First and foremost she loves her son more than anything else in this world. She was always looking out for him and did everything she could to make sure he grew up to be a fine young man. I know she will still be watching over him from above. 

She was genuine, loving and one of the most patient people I have ever met. She was always giving and had everyone's best interest at heart. Whenever I got mad at my parents in high school, I would "runaway" for a couple of hours and it was always to the Hundt's home. Looking back now I laugh at how childish I was, but I spent a lot of time in her home and she always made me feel welcomed like a part of the family. She will be greatly missed.  

This week really showed me how life can change in a matter of minutes. Always, always, always let your loved ones know how much you appreciate and care about them. Life can be so scary; each and every moment is unpredictable. Above all else, cherish your friendships. I can't thank Erin and Randy enough for their support this week. I don't know what I would do without both of you. Please pray for Kamron and his family as they deal with this tragic loss. It breaks my heart to see him go through this, but at the same time I have never been more proud of him than I am now. 

"The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; he rescues those whose spirits are crushed." ~Psalm 34:18

Let me simply say... relationships are the most important thing in life. 


No comments:

Post a Comment