Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Aspire, Engage, Achieve



“Time is life. It is irreversible and irreplaceable. To waste your time is to waste your life, but to master your time is to master your life and make the most of it.” -Alan Lakein

As a child, I was always told that life is all what you make it. Therefore, what you put in is what you get out. So like many other things in my life, I took the same approach towards college. Some may call me a busy body but I would just consider myself productive. I tend to always have a jam packed schedule and I prefer it that way. It seems as if the more I have to do, the better I can manage my time.

I think some students get so caught up in the academic aspect of college that they forget about the benefits of being involved in on-campus organizations. As a student at TCU I do my best to take every opportunity I get to be involved. I believe that participation in on-campus organizations can be just as beneficial as internships.

Each semester I participate in Public Relations Student Society of America, Programming council, LEAPS, leadership seminars and Alpha Delta Pi sorority. These organizations have given me the opportunity to hold leadership roles, give back to the community, experience team building, and taught me the importance of collaboration. Also, they have enhanced my ability to manage time, plan events and remain organized.



College isn’t just about sitting through long lectures, memorizing material and partying. College is the place and time for you to question everything, explore your passions and experience the beauty of life. It is the time to make mistakes, grow and thrive upon the unknown. If you don’t put yourself out there and encounter challenges you may never reach your full potential.

Let me simply say...live life with no regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment