Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Time flies when you’re having fun!

I remember getting on the bus for Frog Camp like it was yesterday. It is hard to believe that I am starting my senior year of college. I am having the same feelings of excitement and fear towards starting the next chapter of my life, just like the anticipation I experienced as I boarded the bus to Frog Camp three years ago.

Through the triumphs and trials I have grown and excelled at Texas Christian University. This upcoming year will be a time of change and celebration as I complete my college experience and enter into the “real world.” I am looking forward to walking across that stage next May in a sea of purple, but I believe that it is also important to remember and reflect on the things that helped me achieve my dream.

When I was a freshman in college I had no idea what I was going to do with the rest of my life. I started off thinking psychology was my calling but that quickly faded and then I got the bright idea that I should be a nurse. Boy, was that a bad idea! Much to my surprise, I finally declared a major in public relations and advertising, with a minor in business.

It is amazing how many roads you travel down until you find the right one! Most importantly, it is the fact that you eventually find your way. After diving into my major courses and exploring my creativity, I wonder why it never occurred to me that strategic communications was the right major for me.

I plan to use this blog as an outlet for my opinions, inspirations and thoughts throughout my senior year of college. I hope you find it interesting, and please feel free to comment about anything I post.

Let me simply say... college is over before you can blink!

1 comment:

  1. Lauren: How refreshing to follow the thinking of someone who is busy enough to run a corporation, yet takes the time to reflect on her choices. Your realization of how time flies during your senior of college makes me wonder how you got so wise! Cherish each moment. Gwen

    ReplyDelete