Sunday, March 25, 2012

Finding Peace

What does having peace really mean? This world is filled with so many quick fixes. After a long and stressful day I will go to the gym, shop or have a glass of wine to help me relax, but nothing I do actually fixes the heart of the problem. These peaceful remedies are only temporary bandaids. I have been using a lot of bandaids lately and it's about time I face the problem with an actual solution.

"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid." ~ John 14:27

I sometimes go to God with shame because I feel like what I am going through is irrelevant in the grand scheme of things, but that is part of problem. I must remember to go to God daily and stop trying to find peace in worldly things. I had a rush of emotion come over me today during worship and it wasn't until today that I realized I am exhausted from the failure of trying to find peace in this world. I am looking in all the wrong places.  

"Yet I am not alone, for the Father is with me. I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." ~ John 16:32-33

Let me simply say... I have found spiritual peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment