Sunday, March 17, 2013

Life As I know It

So I've completely neglected this blog for quite some time now and only for good reason...life has been somewhat of a whirlwind since my engagement in June. Excuses...excuses..no seriously, it's officially time to get up to speed and start holding myself accountable for some form of frequent posting again.

And here we go...

2013 has proved to be the year of change and honestly I don't even know where to start. Micah moved to Keller to be with me and it has been such a blessing to start and end my day spending time with him. Somedays we would literally always be together because we commuted and worked together. A few people thought we were a crazy couple and counted down the days until we got tired of each other...well that never happened despite their predictions. I must say it was quite an unordinary routine for a couple, but it brought us closer together and I wouldn't have changed a thing.

We also both decided to leave our individual churches in December and began searching for a new church home together as a couple. Although, at first this seemed like a daunting task it proved to be pretty easy for us. We had many discussions about what we were searching for and did a little research to make sure we only visited churches that aligned with our beliefs. Of course the music was important to Micah, but our central focus was around finding a church that put family at the center and provided support for our marriage. The Milestone church in Keller was first on our list and we have been going back ever since. This past month we became official members and will hopefully soon begin pre-martial counseling to prepare the foundation for our marriage.

Most importantly and the biggest change of all is Micah got hired on at a department and is now pursuing his dream of becoming a Police Officer. He will start the academy the last week of March and life will probably be a little crazy until he graduates in August. I'm so proud of him and overjoyed that he is doing what he is passionate about. However...if I had to pick his profession I definitely wouldn't have chosen this route, but aside from my fear I love and support him in every decision he makes. Let's just say we are going to have to live our lives differently and it's going to take a lot of prayer to deal with the anxiety every time he leaves for a shift. His department even gave him a book for me to read called "Emotional Survival for Law Enforcement: A Guide for Officers and their Family." I felt really great about him coming home with that kind of book on his first day...

This year Micah and I attended our first Addy Award Gala together in which Micah won five awards for his videos and four of the projects I managed won awards. It was a great experience and felt amazing to see our names on those awards. It just goes to show that hard work pays off!

2013 Addy Awards Gala 

Micah and I celebrated our one year anniversary at the beginning of this month...I can't believe it has been a year! It is amazing to think about how much our lives have changed since we first started dating. They always say "you just know when it's right" and now I understand that. This past year has been the best year of my life because I've discovered unconditional love. I used to be the girl that thought I'd never get married and everything changed when I met Micah. I always knew he was the one for me and we have an incredible love that is indescribable. Like our Pastor said, a marriage should be centered around loving your spouse the way that Jesus loves them. I find so much joy knowing that I have the blessing of pouring out love to Micah the way that Jesus loves and adores him. He truly is an incredible man and I am the luckiest girl in the world because God designed me to be his wife.

I know a lot of people lose hope when dating and feel discouraged that they will never find the one. I know I felt that way at one point, but everyone has a soulmate and I believe that now more than ever. Don't lose hope until you find that person and never settle for less because when you do find that love it will forever change your life in ways that you have never imaged. I have no idea what life has in store for us or where our journey will take us, but all that matters is we will always have each other. 

November 12, 2013 is going to be the best day of my life and I can't help but count down, 240 days as of today! The wedding plans are going great and as each day passes it becomes more and more exciting. We have almost completed our wedding website and I will be blogging on there to share our experience as we continue to plan for our big day. Check it out!

It's also dawned on me that I will have to change the name of my blog after I become Mrs. Hayman. :)

Let me simply say...life doesn't get much better than this!  

No comments:

Post a Comment