Monday, July 16, 2012

Insight on Authority

Life has been somewhat of a world-wind lately; between changes at work, family and wedding planning I have hardly had time to reflect on all the things happening in my life. Most importantly God is working in my life and I am so grateful. I could not have made it through the past two weeks without my amazing parents, supportive fiance and strength found in prayer. God taught me an incredible lesson this past week and yesterday in church it was all summed up; it felt as if the Paster was speaking directly to me. I am thankful that I could hear God's word so clearly because it was exactly what I needed.

There were some changes in my life that filled my heart with anger and resentment. I was absolutely miserable and knew I couldn't keep living with this emotion so heavy on my heart. As my Pastor put it yesterday morning, I was in the mist of spiritual warfare; my human flesh was seeking revenge and my spirit was seeking submission and forgiveness. Each morning I would pray to accept the changes in my life and find peace; although it was hard I would pray for the people that were unfair.

Last week God taught me how to be submissive, he brought me peace and acceptance over the things for which I have no control over. Sometimes in life you must give into the urge to seek revenge and make a decision to give it all to God. We sometimes need to be reminded that He puts people in authority over our lives and it is our job to be submissive; if unjust things occur we must pray for God's will in authority.

"It is God's will that your honorable lives should silence those ignorant people who make foolish accusations against you." ~1 Peter 2:15

"You who are slaves must accept the authority of your masters with all respect. Do what they tell you-not only if they are kind and reasonable, but even if they are cruel. For God is pleased with you when you do what you know is right and patiently endure unfair treatment." ~1 Peter: 2:18-19

"For God called you to do good, even if it means suffering, just as Christ suffered for you. He is your example, and you must follow in his steps."  ~1 Peter 2:21

"Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it. If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it. The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil." ~1 Peter 3:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment